How Do we Appraise Items?
Here at Mountain High Coins, we have a very experienced team dedicated to appraisals, and have various experts on call. We also use various databases, online auction sites, online retailers, and other methods to determine how much your items are worth. The amount offered will vary based on a variety of factors such as:
- The popularity of the item.
- The collectability of the item.
- The “purity” of the item, as with jewelry.
- The condition of the item.
- How easy it would be to sell in the current market.
GOLD AND SILVER, DIAMOND, AND JEWELRY APPRAISAL - $50 (Each item)
- Step 1: Determine the type of metal used.
Our jewelry expert will look to see what type of gold, silver, or other metals are used in the item.
- Step 2: Assess the Color, Cut, Clarity, and Carat of diamonds and gemstones.
Our experts use unique techniques and materials to determine the 4c’s of the item.
- Step 3: Review various databases to determine the current market value.
Once we can effectively determine the metal composition of the jewelry and the overall condition of the diamonds and gemstones, then we review current market values to determine how much the item is worth.
To ensure you receive the best cash offer for gold, silver, diamonds, gemstones, and jewelry, all of our jewelry appraisers have the following certifications:
- DCA (Diamond Council of America) Certified
- JA (Jewelers of America) Certified
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Certified
LUXURY WATCHES - $40 (Each item)
At mountain High Coins The appraisal process of watches is very similar to the appraisal process of jewelry. Besides determining whether the type of metal and gemstones used in the watch design, a few other factors will be looked at, including..
- The overall condition of the watch.
- The age of the watch.
Older luxury watches unlike-new condition can sometimes be very valuable compared to a luxury watch that is a year or two old.
- The type of timepiece movement inside the watch.
Does the watch run on a battery or is it self-winding? Does it use automatic, quartz, or mechanical components?
Each of these factors is part of coming up with how much the watch is worth and how much we can offer.
COLLECTABLES - $25 (Each item)
Our appraisal process for collectable Items is fairly Simple. We either bring an expert in for the process (costs extra) or, Our experienced team does a thorough examination of the item following a specific set of guild lines, including..